What is Pinhole Therapy?
Pinhole therapy is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for correcting gum recession and saving teeth. Since there is no cutting or stitching, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms. Patients are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement. Most patients are able to resume normal activities within 24-48 hours after treatment.
Top 10 Benefits of the Pinhole Procedure
1. Can correct gum recession in as little as one treatment session
2. Minimal discomfort and swelling in most cases because the method is scalpel and suture free.
3. Long term results per the International Journal of Periodontology & Restorative Dentistry. (October 2012)
4. The pinholes heal in 24 hours in most cases.
5. Only over-the-counter pain medication required after treatment.
6. Can prevent tooth loss and the need for other costly procedures such as implants or dentures.
7. Treatment sessions can be completed in as little as 1-2 hours in many cases.
8. Can enhance a more youthful and attractive appearance.
9. Patients often describe feeling happier due to being able to smile without the shame or guilt associated with ugly receded gums.
10. Most patients are back to normal light activities within 24-48 hours following the procedure.